This ‘Introduction to Quality’ training course focuses on awareness and understanding. It takes a common-sense approach to quality, demystifying the jargon, making concepts easily accessible and shows how quality can be managed in a simple, low-friction way.
The course has been developed to leverage the power of action learning, problem-based learning, and social learning. Pre-work, exercises, discussion and reflection are combines with presentations to quickly bring participants up to speed at prepare them to bring organization’s on their journey to excellence. Topics covered include:
- A little background – Deming, Juran, Shewhart, Ono, Taguchi
- Planning and PDCA
- Performance Measurement
- Six Sigma
- Kaizen – Continual improvement
- Quality standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485, AS9100
- The problem with standards
- The BEX Baseline
- Business Excellence
The course combines instruction with exercises and group discussion.
Plus VAT/Sales Tax where applicable.
All functions, all levels*
4 Hours (including breaks)
Minimum of 14
* Except for quality managers, lean six sigma green and black belts, and ISO 9001 auditors (and similar standards such as ISO 13485.)